Dina Butcher Bio
Dina Butcher has extensive people and public policy skills honed over many years in appointive government, association management and grass roots mobilization positions. After a career in management outside of the company she joined Butcher & Associates in 2003 as a registered investigator and specializes in investigative research, pre-employment background checks and property searches.
- 2017 Exemplary Leadership Award by Planned Parenthood for MN, SD & ND
- 2016 Woman of the Year for North Dakota Women's Network
- Managed major gifts and planned giving for Prairie Public Broadcasting;
- Appointed by Governor John Hoeven to serve as ND Human Rights Division Director;
- Served Governor Ed Schafer for six years as Director of Division of Community Services.
- Served on Governor Schafer’s Senior Staff and as director of his statewide Leadership Initiative;
- Ran for North Dakota Agriculture Commissioner in 1996 the closest statewide race in North Dakota history, losing by 210 votes out of 291,000 votes cast;
- Owned and operated Association Management Services, Inc. (AMS) for nine years, working as a lobbyist for various agricultural interests and managing agricultural associations including the North Dakota Grain Growers, U.S. Durum Growers and American Coalition for Ethanol, and launching numerous business and agriculture-friendly grass roots efforts;
- 1995 John Lee Coulter Achievement Award recipient, among many other honors;
- Interim director for the National Association of Wheat Growers Foundation;
- Appointed by ND Agriculture Commissioner Kent Jones to serve as Deputy Agriculture Commissioner for seven years;
- Regional director of ND Teacher Learning Center; and
- High school German language teacher.
Dina has served as president of the Bismarck Rotary Club, and on the board of directors of The Village Family Service Center, a non-profit organization offering family, employee assistance, financial counseling and adoption services in 18 locations throughout North Dakota and Minnesota. Her education includes a Bachelor of Arts in German from Skidmore College in New York, a Bachelor of Science in education from Minot State University in North Dakota, and post-graduate study at the University of Freiburg in Germany.